The power that I possess

The time I discovered my power was recently when I got into this job working at a restaurant. It was my first few weeks of starting this job at a restaurant that primarily serves chicken fingers. I was mainly a shy person, more so really quiet and would always be conscious about what’s around me, or what I even hear, or what’s on my mind. I thought I wasn’t going to last in the job because it requires you to go out of your comfort zone and be able to consistently communicate. It took some time to get there but I was able to overcome those social struggles that I had and was able to display that light around the job. Quickly learning upon everything in the job, helping everybody, and setting a positive environment. I felt like I was the beacon of light, I don’t know if it was just my ego but regarding that people always said that I make the environment fun, and friendly. It was just the irony because I used to be really quiet in the job, someone who would get the job done but would always be quiet displaying no energy whatsoever. I was able to do this all of my life to display myself as a leader where I can be seen as an example and encourage others.
A moment in life where I felt belittled and I’ve lost my power was when I injured my knee. Torn an ACL while playing american football and felt completely powerless. This was probably one of my darkest times in highschool as my football team used to be really prominent for its awards, consistently making it to city champs and state champs at one point but it got to a point where we fell off after some players graduated and couldn’t play anymore. It was up to seniors like me and other teammates to set an example and bring our team to victory. Then during our first game we started to lose our seniors one by one, our team captain was injured and couldn’t return, our best players became injured, and we just had a small team overall. Many players who were injured by choice continued to play as they still had their injuries, but I couldn’t play at all. It made me kind of angry, and I was questioning whether life is cruel or whether I was weak. During this time, I ghosted my team for a while, didn’t care for the team and also displayed negative energy in my household. I was mean to everyone during that month yet felt like a disappointment at the same time. This was probably the worst moment in my life that I never want to experience and I feel like I won’t. I’ve learned to overcome situations like that and the burden didn’t help but it has helped strengthen my problem-solving within my mind.
What helps me strengthen my power provides my mental fortitude is having my friends, putting myself out of my comfort zone, finding relaxation within hobbies. Providing myself with responsibilities also strengthens my power as being able to set an example is what is meant to be a leader of some sort. My ambition also aligns with it as I’m seeking for more or possibly trying to achieve more as well. I’ve also been taking care of my dogs, going on long walks with them and clearing my head. It was always really peaceful to go on walks with the dogs, giving them unconditional love to spread happiness. Spending time with friends and planning out trips helps a lot too knowing what to do in the moment has always helped. I feel like if it wasn’t for my friends, I wouldn’t have that fortitude on my power than I would’ve without them.

Comments